The results of the investigations that are carried out by the IDEAL Center only become valuable when put to the service of society and provide knowledge for decision-making.
With this goal in mind, we have the advice of an Advisory Council, composed of stakeholders from both the Region of Magallanes and the Chilean Antarctica as well as the rest of the country.
This council, which meets twice a year, recommends strategies to connect the work of the center with public policies, private business and society in general.
The Advisory Board is composed of:
- Jorge Flies, Governor of the Region of Magallanes and Chilean Antarctica.
- Captain Litoral Oscar Ortiz, Maritime Governor of Punta Arenas.
- José Retamales, National Director of the Chilean Antarctic Institute.
- Maria Eugenia Camelio, Director (S) FONDAP CONICYT Program.
- Oscar Galindo, President of the University Austral de Chile.
- Humberto Gonzalez, Director of IDEAL Center.